Our Principles for Empowering Education
With over a century of combined experience, our team has embraced several principles for empowering education. Before you attend a Building Learning Communities conference, utilize a professional development service or delve into our resources, you might want to know where we stand – and why we work so hard for students and educators. We believe that:
- Teachers and administrators everywhere desire change in their schools. November Learning can help.
- Together we can strengthen leadership and transform processes in order to revolutionize teaching and learning across the curriculum
- Our annual BLC conference, powerful professional development services and extensive teaching resources enable teachers to meet challenging goals, including Common Core State Standards.
- We can assist teachers in implementing rigorous assignments supported by technology and, in turn, motivate students to own their learning.
- Students want to understand the world around them. By encouraging global connections and presenting alternative perspectives, educators can foster empathetic lifelong learners.
- Information literacy is essential for students to access and apply digital information safely and wisely.
“While many schools and districts are thinking about one-to-one, we’re thinking about one-to-the-world!”
November Learning founder, Alan November