Alan November Featured in Curriculum 21
Alan November has a chapter in Heidi Hayes Jacobs newly released book Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World. Through his contribution, Alan discusses how educators can rethink control in their classrooms by introducing new roles for developing empowered learners.
In this book, World-renowned curriculum designer Heidi Hayes Jacobs leads an all-star cast of education thought leaders who explain:
- Why K–12 curriculum has to change to reflect new technologies and a globalized world.
- What to keep, what to cut, and what to create to reflect 21st century learning skills.
- Where portfolios and new kinds of assessments fit into accountability mandates.
- How to improve your use of time and space and groupings of students and staff.
- What steps to take to help students gain a global perspective and develop the habits of mind they need to succeed in school, work, and life.
- How to re-engineer schools and teaching to engage and improve students’ media literacy.
Watch the video below to learn more about this book. Additionally, information is available at http://www.novemberlearning.com/jacobs.