Mar. 22, 2012
How much do you know about web literacy?
Take the following quiz to see if you are:
Somewhat Savvy (0-5 points)
Moderately Savvy (6-10 points)
Downright Nerdy (10+ points)
1. List 4 major search engines and a major directory.
2. What is a blog?
3. Why might you use quotation marks when conducting a search?
4. URL is an acronym for…
5. Identify three Boolean search terms.
6. How do you find the owner or publisher of a website?
7. Identify these extensions and what they represent:
.org .com .sch .k12 .edu .gov .ac .net .mil .co
8. How do you find out who is linked to your school’s website?
9. What clues in a Web address might indicate you are on a personal website?
10. How would you conduct a search for the following: a list of Web sites of all the academic institutions in South Africa? (Hint: South Africa’s country code is .za)
11. How do you find the history of any given website?
12. How would you conduct a search for the following: US higher education websites that contain the word turtle?
13. How do sites get to the top of a result list in Google?
| Come join Alan and colleagues from around the world in Boston this July at BLC16
Education Conference 2016
Leave a Reply